Welcome to Education Policy Center at The University of Alabama
The Education Policy Center is the oldest center or institute at The University of Alabama, dating to the 1920s. Through its ongoing research and programs, it seeks to assist the College of Education in fulfilling its mission to improve the quality of life for all Alabamians through expanding access and success, strengthening equity, and advancing economic and community development.
EPC In the MEDIA
Our work has been generating a great deal of national buzz in recent months. Below are links to a few noteworthy items.
- GUEST COLUMN: A workhorse for education, by Dr. Stephen Katsinas, Tuscaloosa News, February 011, 2017
- Albert Brewer was a workhorse for education, by Dr. Stephen Katsinas, AL.com, February 07, 2017
- The 2016 Proposals for Higher Education: A View from the States (A Preliminary Report from a Special Section of the 2016 National Survey of Access and Finance Issues), November 2016
- UA Education Policy Center Receives Honor, UA News, November 15th, 2016
- History with Relevance, InsideHigherEducation, December 21, 2016
- The Fragility of Justice and the Ordinary Heroes Who Must Uphold It, Huffington Post, December 23, 2016
- Will the Past Be Repeated (Part One) and (Part Two), The Merrow Report, December 8 and 12, 2016
- After the Great Recession: Higher Education's New Normal, An analysis of National Surveys of Access and Finance Issues, 2011 to 2015, January 2016